It’s that season when feverish preparations begin – the Examination Fever. Many young students are receiving ready for the biggest test of their academic lives, one that may determine their range of career and how their futures will shape up. The 10th standard examinations or Board Examinations follow many patterns according to the syllabi and the academic councils the schools are affiliated to. Getting high marks and percentages overall in every subjects is key to enhancing odds of a great education in a reputed institution; therefore students should take extra steps in equipping themselves well in the preparations for exam study.
Students at this level have six to seven subjects with allocation of marks and grades combined for a topic grouping. Mathematics and Science take predominance over other subjects like Social Studies, English or Other Languages. This is because for many technical courses post school and getting admitted into college be determined by excellent percentages in both of these subjects. While subjects like English be determined by the student’s excellent uptake of grammar and presentation of answers in a neat format with the relevant points concisely written, Mathematics and Science depend largely on accuracy in answers and results.
Some examination tips for High School
• By understanding the format of exams corresponding to the syllabus undertaken, a student can work out a study schedule depending on subjects that need more attention and time. Having a timetable based subject-wise and topic-wise will greatly benefit your study schedule; remember to perform the schedule according to the timetable you’ve prepared
• Discussing previous question paper samples and guides helps obtain an insight into the sort of questions that can be expected and prepare a mental plan on the best way to answer the questions
• Resorting to malpractices or depending entirely on memorizing content could be disastrous. In case of exam panic or even a wrong move 2021 waec runz, your brain goes into a freeze making thinking and recollection difficult. It is much better to comprehend content, rephrase questions on how best to bring out the answers and keep doing the tasks over and over to perfect the method and analyze and correct mistakes, especially in problem solving
• One of the finest ways to retain content the student has read is to publish down points or make brief notes that will remember key points to get ready the flow of content
• When in doubt, seek help. Parents, teachers, friends, guides are always around to greatly help clear doubts. Published guides help but where they fail is the sort of one on a single interaction that you’ll have with peers and superiors
• Learn to practice time management which will be very essential in answering question papers. Practicing writing speeds can help improve answering skills when time is of utmost importance
Besides these academic tips, there are numerous the areas that the student has to bear in mind when preparing for Board exams.
i. Choose a study area without distractions and ambient noises from traffic, TV screens, computers and other gadgets that can be a disturbance or intrusion. Conversations with friends could be restricted to occasions when you take a break from studying
ii. Getting proper nutrition, exercise and sleep recharges the body and fills it with energy resources which are very essential. Skipping meals and sleeping less will tire the body and mind and leave you exhausted by the full time examinations arrive
iii. Avoid places and situations that can cause anger and negative emotions to surface. The unnecessary anxiety and worry will not help in any way
iv. Always take constant breaks from study to re-energize your brain and body. Cramming the brain with a lot of information or too many facts in a short span of time is not really a good idea. Take time off to indulge in a favorite hobby like playing music, painting or photography; going for a short walk and meeting friends for a sit down elsewhere is advisable provided this does not cut into your daily study schedule and you are able to get back to study mode again