You will find various kinds of racing and may be categorized as follows:
(1) Rally Racing: Rallying involves racing in off-road areas where general people don’t drive their vehicles. The drivers and the co-drivers rally sooner or later and then leave the spot at regular intervals to reach a specific point. The drivers and their co-drivers can explore the track beforehand to be able to have a better concept of the roads. The co-drivers help the drivers to choose the best possible way to reach the destination. World Rally Championship is the most popular championship in this kind of race.
(2) Single-seater Racing: That is one of the very most famous motor sports and involves a lot of specially designed high-speed cars. These are Racing cars open-wheels cars and generally the cars have aerofoil wings in leading and in addition to rear to have a better adhesion to the track. Formula One is really a World Championship that’s now recognized to every motor sport enthusiast. This championship is the highest degree of motor sport and every car racer desires to be involved in this competition.
(3) Ice Racing: This sort of racing takes devote snow or on frozen lakes. Obvious requirement for such race is extreme weather conditions and this motor sport generally takes devote high latitudes. These cars involve full rubber and studded tires for a better adhesion.
(4) Touring Car Racing: This sort of race involves highly modified production cars and it is comparatively slower than the low rider racing or the single-seater racing. Typically the most popular championship may be the World Touring Car Championship.
(5) Stock Car Racing: This sort of car racing resembles Touring car racing and is an American version of the same. The car racing series popular in this kind of racing may be the NASCAR. That is generally conducted on ovals and the cars used in racing are similar to production cars but are specifically built for racing.
(6) Drag Racing: Drag racing involves completing a specific distance in the shortest possible time. Generally this distance is 400 m and the number of cars participating in this race may be everyday car to high class racing cars. It depends which form of car will be used for drag racing as a street racing car can cover 400m in 15 sec and exactly the same distance may be included in a specially designed fuel dragster car in 4.5 sec.
(7) Sports Car Racing: Sports car racing takes devote a closed circuit and in this race, purpose-built cars and sports cars production versions contend with each other. This race is particularly for long distances like 1000km and that’s why this race involves multiple driver switching between them.
(8) Off-road Racing: The name tells it all, the racing of some modified cars takes place off road i.e. from city traffic. Off road famous championship series is CORR.
(9) Hill Climbing: This sort of race involves racing for the best time completion. The cars need to climb the extremely steep hills and the car with the very best completion time may be the winner.
(10) Kart Racing: Generally, most motor sport enthusiasts start their career from Kart racing. The racing tracks are very small and the karts used in the race are very different from the normal cars that operate on roads.