People who are moving have two options: pack and move everything themselves or hire a moving company to complete the moving part for them. There are lots of moving companies out there and you will find an increasing amount of these that are scams. Here’s what you should try to find when you are selecting a moving company to be sure that you do not get cheated:
1. Watch out for any prices that appear too low, particularly if that estimate is just provided over the phone or via the internet.
2. Legitimate moving companies base their costs on the weight of materials that need to be moved. Just how much room it takes up in the moving truck is not important. Do not trust any moving company that tries to tell you otherwise.
3. A good moving company should come to your residence and go over the stuff that you should move. They’ll go through the quality of the items and simply how much there is to pack up. The estimate they give you will undoubtedly be situated in large part on this visit cheap mover in Los angeles. Any moving company that says they’ll not or do not want to come out to the home are not worth spending money on.
4. If the moving company demands lots of cash or even a huge deposit at the start, chances are they are not legitimate.
5. All legitimate moving companies will provide you with a copy of Your Rights and Responsibilities When You Move. The us government requires that moving companies provide you with this information. If your moving company fails to get this done, then chances are they are a scam.
6. Moving companies which are not scams will provide you with information regarding their insurance and their licensing information. You will also have easy access for their contact information. Any business that’s hesitant about providing these details might be a scam.
7. Watch out for any organization that answers the phone with a generic “movers” or doesn’t provide you with a company name. All legitimate companies have real company names.